The Syrian wars
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
The Syrian wars [electronic resource] / by John D. Grainger.
|Main author:||Grainger, John D., 1939-|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Prologue: Syria's importance revealed
- Syria divided
- Cold war
- The new kings, and the first Syrian war
- Competitive developing
- The second Syrian war
- Increasing strains
- The third war, the 'War of Laodike'
- The Seleukid collapse
- The fourth war
- The reversal, the Ptolemaic collapse
- The fifth war, the triumph of Antiochos III
- Changing priorities
- The sixth war, and the 'day of Eleusis'
- Mutual troubles and a new agenda
- The seventh war, the triumph of Ptolemy Philometor
- The legacy of Philometor
- The eighth war, the last chance for union
- The ninth, and last, war.