Syriac idiosyncrasies theology and hermeneutics in early Syriac literature
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
Syriac idiosyncrasies [electronic resource] : theology and hermeneutics in early Syriac literature / by Serge Ruzer, Aryeh Kofsky.
|Main author:||Ruzer, Serge.|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
|Other authors:||Kofsky, Arieh.|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Aphrahat : a witness of pre-Nicene Syrian theology
- Ephrem on justice, free will and divine mercy in the story of the Fall
- Liber graduum : the heavenly garden of ascetic delights
- The cave of treasures : calvary versus earthly paradise
- Philoxenus of Mabbug : hermeneutics of incarnation
- Appendix : the old Syriac gospels : textual authority and hermeneutics.