The lure of anti-Semitism hatred of Jews in present-day France
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
The lure of anti-Semitism [electronic resource] : hatred of Jews in present-day France / by Michel Wieviorka ; with Philippe Bataille ... [et al.] ; translated by Kristin Couper Lobel and Anna Declerck.
Tentation antisémite. English
|Main author:||Wieviorka, Michel.|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
|Other authors:||Bataille, Philippe.|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- What do the statistics tell us?
- In schools
- Changes in the public sphere
- The Shoah: deficit, plethora and loss of meaning
- Global anti-Semitism
- The Jews in France: developments and concerns
- Anti-Semitism (almost) without Jews
- The power of the imagination
- A sociological intervention
- Muslim anti-Semitism: the view from prison
- The Jews, the ChaldoAssyrians and the others
- Anti-Semitism at local level
- An unusual variant of "global" anti-Semitism
- "Why there were no clashes in Sarcelles"
- The Marseilles counterpoint: the Pieds-Noirs and the Jews
- The fears of the Jews in Alsace
- Malaise in the Alsatian countryside
- Two extreme right political forces, two anti-Semitic rationales
- Mohammed Latrèche and the Parti des Musulmans de France
- Boycotting Israel
- Two extreme cases of anti-Zionism
- Leftism in decline and extreme anti-Zionism
- The clamour of the media and the silence of the teachers
- Dealing with the Shoah in schools
- Ethnic diversity in schools
- Abuse and attacks
- Anti-Semitism in schools and globalisation.