Emerging voices experiences of underrepresented Asian Americans
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
Emerging voices [electronic resource] : experiences of underrepresented Asian Americans / edited by Huping Ling.
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
|Other authors:||Ling, Huping, 1956-|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : emerging voices of underrepresented Asian Americans / Huping Ling
- From Laos to America : the Hmong community in the United States / Franklin Ng
- Cultural transition and adjustment : the experiences of the Mong in the United States / Paoze Thao
- The role of ethnic leaders in the refugee community : a case study of the lowland Lao in the American midwest / Pamela A. De Voe
- "Displaced people" adjusting to new cultural vocabulary : Tibetan immigrants in North America / Yosay Wandi
- Unity and diversity among Indonesian migrants to the United States / Clark E. Cunningham
- Dynamics, intricacy, and multiplicity of Romani identity in the United States / Suzuko Morikawa
- Community identity of Kashmiri Hindus in the United States / Haley Duschinski
- Thai Americans : performing gender / Jiemin Bao
- The gender of practice : some findings among Thai Buddhist women in Northern California / Todd LeRoy Perreira
- Women of the temple : Burmese immigrants, gender, and Buddhism in a U.S. frame / Tamara C. Ho
- Adaptation of Burmese monastic and domestic religious practices in the San Francisco Bay area / Joseph Cheah
- Parent-child conflict within the Mong families / Chimeng Yang
- Hmong American contemporary experience / Kou Yang.