Talking about race community dialogues and the politics of difference
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
Talking about race [electronic resource] : community dialogues and the politics of difference / Katherine Cramer Walsh.
|Main author:||Walsh, Katherine Cramer.|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Race, dialogue, and the practice of community life
- Unity and difference in civic life
- Public talk that aims to listen to difference
- The community choice to pursue interracial dialogue
- Choosing the action of talk
- Negotiating unity and difference
- Scrutinizing and listening to stories
- Authority and legitimacy in dialogue
- Public officials and residents in dialogue
- Beyond romance and demons.