The ethics of theory : philosophy, history, and literature
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.|
The ethics of theory : philosophy, history, and literature / by Robert Doran.
|Main author:||Doran, Robert, 1968- (Author)|
Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.
Table of Contents:
- Ethics beyond existentialism and structuralism: Sartre's critique of dialectical reason and the debate with Levi-Strauss
- Foucault's ethics of the self
- Derrida in Heidelberg: the specter of Heidegger's Nazism and the question of ethics
- Richard Rorty's cultural politics: ironist philosophy and the ethics of reading
- From metahistory to the practical past: Hayden White's existentialist philosophy of history
- Hayden White and the ethics of historiography literature
- The ethics of conversion: metaphysical desire in Ren, Girard, and Jean-Paul Sartre
- The ethics of realism: literary history and the sublime in Erich Auerbach's mimesis
- The ethics of philology: Erich Auerbach and the fate of humanism
- Edward Said, orientalism, and the political turn in literary and cultural studies.