A people without a state : the Kurds from the rise of Islam to the dawn of nationalism
A people without a state : the Kurds from the rise of Islam to the dawn of nationalism / Michael Eppel.
|Main author:||Eppel, Michael, 1947- (Author)|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : the origins of the Kurds
- myths,history,and modern politics
- Kurdish distinctiveness under Arab, Persian, and Turkish dominance
- The era of Ottoman and Iranian rule
- The demise of Kurdish emirates in the nineteenth century
- Seeds of Kurdish nationalism in the declining Ottoman empire
- The beginnings of modern Kurdish politics
- The Kurds and Kurdistan during World War I
- The Kurds and the new Middle East after the Ottomans
- Conclusion : from distinctiveness to nationalism
- continuing issues of Kurdish collective identity.