The Silk Road : a new history with documents
|Level D||Classmark: FB /516322||On loan – Due: 15-07-2020|
|Level D||Classmark: FB /535611||Available|
|Level D||Classmark: FB /535750||Available|
The Silk Road : a new history with documents / Valerie Hansen.
|Main author:||Hansen, Valerie, 1958-|
2nd expanded edition.
Table of Contents:
- At the crossroads of Central Asia : the Kingdom of Kroraina
- Gateway to the languages of the Silk Road : Kucha and the Kizil Caves
- Midway between China and Iran : Turfan
- Homeland of the Sogdians, the Silk Road traders : Samarkand and Sogdiana
- The cosmopolitan terminus of the Silk Road : historic Chang'an, modern-day Xi'an
- The time capsule of Silk Road history : the Dunhuang Caves
- Entryway into Xinjiang for Buddhism and Islam : Khotan
- A new route through the grasslands : Beijing
- Conclusion: The history of the overland routes through Central Asia.