Constitution making in Asia : decolonisation and state-building in the aftermath of the British Empire
Constitution making in Asia : decolonisation and state-building in the aftermath of the British Empire / edited by H. Kumarasingham.
|Other authors:||Kumarasingham, Harshan, 1979- (Editor)|
Table of Contents:
- "Eastminster" : decolonisation and state-building in British Asia / H. Kumarasingham
- British constitutional thought and the emergence of bills of rights in Britain's overseas territories in Asia at decolonization / Charles O.J. Parkinson
- Discretionary reserve powers of heads of state / Anne Twomey
- A British misreading : Sir Ivor Jennings' early assessment of the Indian constitution / Shubhankar Dam
- Pakistan's first decade : democracy and constitution
- a historical appraisal of centralization / Tahir Kamran
- "Specialist in omniscience" : nationalism, constitutionalism, and Sir Ivor Jennings' engagement with Ceylon / Asanga Welikala
- Constitutionalism and constitution making in Malaysia, 1956-57 / Joseph M. Fernando
- Constitution drafting as cold war realpolitik : Sir Ivor Jennings and Nepal's 1959 constitution / Mara Malagodi
- Sir William Ivor Jennings : a centennial paper / A.W. Bradley.