Intolerable cruelty : marriage, law, and society in early twentieth-century China
Intolerable cruelty : marriage, law, and society in early twentieth-century China / Margaret Kuo.
|Other authors:||Kuo, Margaret, 1971-|
Table of Contents:
- List of tables
- Law and the state
- GMD legal exceptionalism : conceptual underpinnings of the republican civil code
- The rise of public opinion : the case of GMD surname legislation
- The process of civil adjudication : marital justice and the republican civil court system
- Law and society
- Spousal abuse : divorce litigation and the emergence of rights consciousness
- Running away : cohabitation litigation and the reconfiguration of husband patriarchy
- Bourgeois affairs : separation and support litigation and injury to reputation
- Natural eunuchs : husband impotence annulment litigation and legal opportunism
- About the author.