Real governance and practical norms in sub-Saharan Africa : the game of rules
Real governance and practical norms in sub-Saharan Africa : the game of rules / edited by Tom de Herdt and Jean-Pierre Olivier de Sardan.
|Main Authors:||Herdt, Tom de, (Author), Olivier de Sardan, Jean-Pierre, (Author)|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : the game of the rules / Tom De Herdt & Jean-Pierre Olivier de Sardan
- Informal regulations of public bureaucracies in Africa and beyond : practical norms as an exploratory concept / Jean-Pierre Olivier de Sardan
- Traditionalist Africanist culturalism : analysis of a scientific ideology and a plea for an empirically grounded concept of culture / Jean-Pierre Olivier de Sardan
- Hybrid orders and practical norms : a Weberian view / Tom De Herdt
- Juggling with the norms : everyday practice in an emergency service in Niger / Eric Hahonou
- The king is not a kinsman : multiple accountabilities in the postcolonial state in Africa / Giorgio Blundo
- Ethnography of everyday ethics in a South African medical ward / Frédéric Le Marcis and Julien Grard
- Local prison governance with global human rights : the merging of professional and practical norms in Ugandan prisons / Tomas Max Martin
- The evolution of practical norms through bricolage : "good" local water governance in Zimbabwe / Frances Cleaver
- Evident but elusive : practical norms in the gold sector in South-Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo / Sara Geenen
- Beyond corruption : the everyday life of a court of the peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo / Benjamin Rubbers and Emilie Gallez.